A young dad-to-be tragically passed away after a gender reveal party device exploded in New York recently.
According to media reports, the 28-year-old father-to-be was only settling down in his life. Moreover, this was one of the biggest highlights of his life as he couldn’t wait for the birth of his young child. For this reason, he put forward his best in trying to plan out his child’s gender reveal party for family and friends. However, little did he know that the device would explode in his face, taking away his life forever.
Today, family and friends mourn his loss, recalling the wonderful times they spent went him. In the same way, they are now raising their voice against the use of such devices in the first place.
Here are more shocking details of the case that might leave you in awe.
28-year old young father dies
A young father-to-be tragically died recently while organizing his unborn child’s gender reveal party. According to media reports, Christopher Pekny was from Liberty, New York. He died suddenly on Sunday when a giant gender reveal party device exploded, mentioned the police.
Christopher was working on the gender reveal object at his residence, alongside his 27-year-old brother. And that’s when all of a sudden, a mega explosion took place. His brother Michael was also injured along the way, after which paramedics immediately rushed him to a nearby hospital.
One state police trooper mentioned how the device wasn’t created for any form of malicious purposes. Right after the startling revelations, authorities rushed to Christopher’s home. They also confirmed how the incident took place during early noon hours as reports started coming in about an ‘unknown explosion.’
Recalling memories to last a lifetime
Christopher had two brothers, Peter Pekny Jr., and Michael Pekny. His loved ones remember him for his wonderfully kind-hearted nature and a great many changes he made to his life. They claim that the soon-to-be father was only just settling down in his life. Moreover, he had a wild side during his childhood and early teen years. However, that soon changed drastically.
Christopher was slowly turning into a mature and responsible individual. Loved ones felt appalled by the mega change they observed.
Recently, Christopher and his fiance Pekny found out how they were expecting their first child, just before Christmas. It was the best news they could ever imagine. And hence, the anticipation for the child’s arrival was very real for the couple.
Loved ones confirmed how the couple was going to have a son. This was Christopher’s first time as a dad and therefore, he was very ecstatic about the news.
Gender reveal party goes terribly wrong
Local news outlets mentioned how Chris was working on the gender reveal device around 11 AM, on a Sunday. All of a sudden, the materials with which he attempted to work with, exploded from nowhere. Therefore, Chris suffered from extremely lethal injuries to his head. On the other hand, his brother Michael suffered from server injuries to his leg which required immediate surgery.
Pekny junior explained how sorry and said he felt for his brother Michael as he not only witnessed his brother’s death but also lost his best friend.
And that clearly explains how close the two brothers were from the start.The duo reportedly did everything together and that’s why they were also planning the gender reveal party too.
Christopher would have celebrated his 29th birthday on Sunday and the family can’t get over the heartbreaking tragedy. Other than the family, the entire community mourns the loss of a man who they loved and deeply cherished.
This isn’t the first time that gender reveal parties resulted in deaths and casualties. Therefore, many urge authorities to take a closer look at their existence and perhaps even consider a ban on such explosive devices. Do you agree?