It was a rude awakening for one couple in the UK when their two-year-old toddler died after swallowing toilet cleaner.
News sources confirmed how Arietta-Grace Barnett started to vomit out a brightly colored liquid, late last year. Clueless on what was wrong with the child, her mother rushed her to the nearest hospital’s emergency services. Moreover, the mother explains how she saw the pink liquid and feared the worst.
She had a feeling that maybe her young two-year-old swallowed a toilet cleaning capsule. But she awaited the doctor’s diagnosis as they treated her little one.
Here are the latest details surrounding the case that’s filling so many people’s eyes with tears.
Young girl dies after swallowing toilet cleaner
A 2-year-old toddler passed away after swallowing toilet cleaner. The toxic capsule is extremely hazardous for health. And when the incident took place, you can imagine the dire state that she was in.
After drinking the toilet cleaner by mistake, the toddler immediately vomited out bring pink-hued liquid. The inquest into the case confirmed the findings.
Arietta started vomiting, causing alarm in her household. Upon noting the bizarre color of the vomit, her mom panicked. There were all sorts of things, running through her mind.
Mom rushes daughter to the hospital ER
Her mom didn’t waste a second when she saw her toddler’s condition. She immediately grabbed her and rushed to the ER of a hospital situated nearby in the vicinity.
While the constant thoughts of fear and dreadful behavior ran through her mind, one thing was for sure. Her daughter wasn’t well.
Miraculously, on July 2nd, doctors declared her medically well enough. And for a child that was involved in swallowing toilet cleaner, there could be no possible news better than this.
Ecstatic and elated as ever, Arietta’s parents couldn’t wait to take their little child home. It was a miracle for them and they were extremely grateful to the doctors there.
Short-lived happiness- the effects of swallowing toilet cleaner
But that wasn’t the end to young Arietta’s miseries.She began bleeding, just one week later, after she was released. Therefore, her parents rushed her to the hospital’s emergency services again.
On July 9th, they readmitted her to Southampton’s General Hospital.Unfortunately, that was the same day she died.
The coroner who led the case, Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp, explained all the details in the hearing. Young Arietta Grace died after swallowing toilet cleaner. In particular, she referenced how the girl drank an entire Toilet Duck Capsule, used for cleaning purposes.
At the same time, the coroner explained how the child’s mother, Lucy Cook, immediately called 111. She informed operators how her daughter swallowed some cleaning product. But again, she wasn’t sure. While the call was made from downstairs, the young child was alone upstairs.
Grief and agonizing terror fill the air
One ambulance quickly rushed towards the residence.And the mother immediately grabbed her child and made her way to the paramedics.
She informed them in a worried tone how the young child suffered from pink diarrhea and vomiting too.Upon arrival at the hospital, doctors immediately began their efforts to save her life.
The coroner confirmed how the toddler was treated at an outpatient clinic. Soon, she was readmitted again to another hospital. And that’s because, on the second occasion, she suffered from a cardiac arrest. Earlier that day, her mom confirmed how the toddler began to bleed, non-stop.
On the second occasion, doctors just couldn’t revive her.She passed away tragically at the hospital, leaving her parents in utter disbelief.
But with the case reaching a closure, it’s still unclear why the toddler’s vomit was of a ‘bright pink’ color.Moreover, the fact that she swallowed a blue/green-hued chemical didn’t seem to link with the findings.
Doctors around the world advise parents about warnings relating to how chemicals that resemble candy hues should always be within the far reach of kids. Today, the parents mourn the loss of their precious angel and it’s a tragedy that they will never come to terms with.
For more trending stories from around the globe, don’t forget to take a look at our article After 14 Boys In a Row, Michigan Couple Welcome Beautiful Baby Girl.