A young schoolboy is going viral after swallowing 54 toy magnets recently.
According to media reports, Rhiley Morrison from the area of Prestwich did something that not too many people could possibly dare to. And that means swallowing more than 54 magnetic balls. And the reason is beyond many people’s understanding.
The shocking incident resulted in doctors performing a life-saving surgery before it was too late. But many continue to question why the 12-year-old would indulge in such behavior.
Here are the last updates on the harrowing story that has a meaningful lesson for so many more.
A 12-year-old with weird fascinations
As a child, many kids enjoy outdoor activities, music, hobbies, junk food, etc. But young Rhiley had a more unique fascination. And that revolved around the world of toy magnets.
Recently, the 12-year-old schoolboy swallowed 54 magnets. On that note, his mother rushed him to the nearest hospital. Here, doctors feared the worst when they noticed the unthinkable. He deliberately swallowed so many magnets because it was his own sort of experiment.
Yes, young Rhiley wished to see what would happen to his tummy, right after he swallowed so many magnets. Unfortunately, he was so amazed and intrigued by the whole episode, he forgot about the consequences of his action. And clearly, they would soon appear, in one way or the other.
Confessions time- swallowing toy magnets
Rhiley Morrison hails from the Greater Manchester area.
He reportedly ate magnetic balls on two separate occasions.And that was just so he could fulfill his curiously. Rhiley wished to see if metal objects would actually stick to his belly, which was full of 54 magnetic toys. But for him, a dozen wasn’t enough.
In fact, more than 4 dozens weren’t enough too.
And just like that, the schoolboy kept on indulging in the strange affair. Another bizarre fascination that Rhiley mentioned is how he wished to see what the toy magnets appeared as, after getting excreted.
Soon, two days passed by, and nothing came out. On that note, he knew something was wrong. Therefore, he went to his mom, struck with fear and panic. And that’s when he confessed, only a bit of the truth. According to his mum, Rhiley mentioned how he ate only 2 magnets, instead of the daunting reality of 54.
Rhiley rushed to the hospital
Upon hearing the news. his mother didn’t take any chances. She immediately rushed him to the nearest hospital nearby. And that’s when doctors carried out an x-ray, on an immediate basis.
Soon, everyone in the surrounding felt stunned to see the radiograph. There was definitely more than 2 toy magnets. Therefore, doctors informed the mum about the hazards and feared the worst.
The fact that there were more than 50 balls meant that they could burn his tissues and vital organs. Without wasting any further time, the surgeons opted to perform life-saving surgery. And thankfully, they were able to safely retrieve all 54 balls.
Lessons learned the hard way
After a six-hour-long operation, Rhiley appeared safe and sound. He was happy to be magnet-free too. Now, Rhiley says he is free from all magnetic fields and couldn’t be happier. In the same way, he promises to steer clear from such ridiculous behavior too.
Today, Rhiley’s mum couldn’t be more grateful for the surgeons that saved her son’s life. She intends on documenting her son’s story. And that’s just so she can raise awareness on the dangers and hazards of magnetic toys and why they need banning.
For more trending stories from around the globe, don’t forget to take a look at our article Struggling Parents Are Sending Their Kids To School With Cold Happy Meals.