A 21-year-old woman tragically died after taking only two bites of tiramisu at an Italian restaurant.
Anna Bellisario and her boyfriend visited a fast-food restaurant, which specializes in vegan dishes. Dishes there are supposed to be without meat, milk or eggs.
The student regularly went to the restaurant as she had an egg allergy and milk allergy.
After her main course, Anna ordered a ‘vegan’ tiramisu.
Her boyfriend said she had restaurant staff show her the list of allergens in the dessert but only ‘traces of nuts’ were listed.
But after only two spoonfuls of tiramisu, she started coughing and experienced difficulty breathing. She quickly went to the bathroom and forced herself to vomit as her allergy medication also didn’t make any difference.
She then lost consciousness and was rushed to the northern city’s San Raffaele Hospital where she was in a coma for ten days.
Sadly, Anna died and the reason for her anaphylactic shock was the ‘vegan’ tiramisu.
According to the Italian ministry of health, the product was a ready-made dessert which has already been called back from more than 60 restaurants all over the country.
In other products from the same brand, traces of milk protein were also found.
Traces of egg were also identified in the mayonnaise of the vegan sandwich Anna ate as her main dish.
The product has been withdrawn from the market for the risk of the presence of allergens due to its possibly containing milk proteins not shown on the label.
One internet user commented: “Absolute tragedy when she has been so meticulous about the ingredients. RIP X.”
Another wrote: “It must be a nightmare having such a severe allergy and picking vegan should have been a safe choice. Absolutely tragic.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Hidden Camera Catches What Waitress Does To Elderly Man’s Food. Now It’s Going Viral”