Parents Luke and Lucy were left devastated and after their 14-month-old daughter suddenly died in her bed.
It was on August 12 when baby Rosie was found unresponsive in her bed in their home in Albury.
Her heartbroken parents do not know why their baby, a ‘beacon of light,’ suddenly died but were trying to find out what happened.
The day before little Rosie died, Lucy said stayed home to take care of her daughter after she contracted a bug.
Both Rosie and her 3-year-old brother, Ella, brought home colds from daycare. The siblings also caught Covid and respiratory virus.
According to reports, the 14-month-old received immunization in mid-July and developed rashes but it disappeared later on.
But only a month later, Rosie was found lifeless in her bed.
“We woke up on Saturday and Luke went into Rosie’s room and I heard the worst scream I’ve ever heard in my life,” Lucy said.
The couple told Yahoo News Australia that they had been spending the last year ‘soaking up’ after moving to Albury.
“I honestly think the last year has been the best ever for our whole family,” the mother-of-three said.
She said of her daughter: “She really made a positive impact. She changed our lives.”
The grieving parents wanted answers and were told by the coroner that fluid was found around the toddler’s brain and stomach.
After their daughter died, the parents took Ella and their 9-year-old son Harry to hospital and were informed that Ella tested positive for a virus that can cause viral meningitis.
The parents now suspect that the same virus may have befallen their 14-month-old daughter.
Friends and family have launched a fundraising page to help with the funeral expenses.
The GoFundMe page’s organizer, James Chalmers, said that the donations would “ease the financial burden while the family are navigating through this heartbreaking time.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!