A furious mother has vowed to never enter a KFC restaurant again after finding a worm swimming in her drink.
40-year-old Janine Shaw said she was left ‘physically sick’ after visiting her local KFC restaurant in Newport.
After drinking her Pepsi, she decided to check inside the cup and was shocked to find the ‘sickening’ worm.
“I don’t think I will ever be able to drink a drink from a fast-food restaurant again,” Janine said.
“I’m not a regular visitor to be honest, but I have been there on numerous occasions. It has really turned me off all fast food in general.
“It made me physically sick, but I think that was just the thought of what I had ingested to be honest.
“I had already drunk some of it before I saw it in the cup. It definitely looked like a worm or some sort of bug. The drinks machine must have been dirty.
“If I hadn’t taken the lid off then I would never have seen it, and would have just drank the Pepsi. It’s only because the lid did not have a hole for the straw that I even took it off.
Janine also took to Facebook to share her ‘sickening experience.
“Feel sick even writing this. KFC Spytty Newport I visited this lunchtime, went through the drive through and I had a children’s chicken fillet meal, with Pepsi,” she wrote.
“All was fine with the food, the lid on the drink didn’t have a hole for the straw so I had to take it off. I started drinking my drink and saw something on the edge of the cup, looking closer it was a tiny worm! The texture, shape and head was clearly visible!
“It definitely wasn’t something from the pipes etc. I feel physically sick, I wouldn’t have even noticed this if I hadn’t had to take the top off, and the small amount I drank I don’t know if there was more in that.
“Also this was meant to be a children’s meal and I’m sure a child wouldn’t have stopped to look!”
A spokesperson for KFC said: “We’re really sorry Janine was put off her meal – that’s the last thing we want.
“We have very strict hygiene and quality processes at our restaurants and the EHO has confirmed all our procedures were in order.
“We’ve not had any similar complaints but we never want to leave a guest disappointed, so we’ve reached out to her to make things right.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Hidden Camera Catches What Waitress Does To Elderly Man’s Food. Now It’s Going Viral”