A 37-year-old mother passed away after eating marshmallows during a fundraising event, leaving her family and their community heartbroken.
Natalie Buss was at Beddau RFC in Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales, when she suddenly collapsed and died after choking on marshmallows.
A spokesperson for South Wales Police said in a statement: “A 37-year-old woman collapsed and died at Beddau RFC. The coroner has been informed and inquiries into the circumstances of the death are continuing.”
In a heartfelt tribute to the mother, the club wrote: “The club and the Beddau community are heartbroken. On Saturday night we lost a very dear friend who will be sadly missed.”
“Everybody associated with Beddau RFC and within the community are nothing less than devastated at the weekend’s tragic accident and we struggle to comprehend the sense of loss people are feeling.
“This said, we must acknowledge that our loss pales into insignificance in comparison to the loss of a lady who was a wonderful wife, mother and daughter to what was an absolutely tragic turn of events.
“As a club we send out our sincerest, heartfelt condolences to all the family, the close friends and to all those that this has so badly impacted – you are all in our thoughts today.”
Pontypridd MP Alex Davis-Jones also said in a statement that she was ‘really sad to read this awful news.’
“My heart goes out to all those affected and my thoughts are with their family and friends,” Davies-Jones said.
Rhondda Cynon Taf council also confirmed that it is opening an investigation as health and safety regulator and licensing authority.
“Our condolences go out to the family and friends of the deceased,” they added.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!