A McDonald’s customer was left vomiting after biting into a lizard that was inside her burger.
The woman said she found the reptile inside her Big Tasty burger at a McDonald’s restaurant near Paris, adding that its guts were ‘hanging out.’
But after she complained, the staff at the restaurant simply offered her a 10 percent discount.
The woman, who wants to remain anonymous, said staff did not appear surprised when she made a complaint about the reptile.
Speaking to the French newspaper Le Parisien, she said: “I felt there was something strange. I opened (the burger) up and discovered a squashed lizard with its guts hanging out.
“I got the impression they weren’t surprised. The cook was there and at no point did he come and see us. The supervisor wasn’t there.”
The woman’s friend also said that the lizard was covered in sauce. They believe that a member of staff who prepared her meal must’ve noticed the creature.
The mother-of-one also said that she stopped breastfeeding her baby as she fears she could pass on diseases to her child after the appalling incident.
She immediately visited her doctor, who prescribed antibiotics as a precaution. However, she felt sick after her revolting experience and found it difficult to sleep.
With the help of a lawyer, who stored the lizard in a refrigerator for weeks in case further tests will be needed, they are now suing the company for ‘endangering the life of others.’
A spokesperson for McDonald’s said: “Food quality and security are the top priority of the brand and as a result numerous audits and checks are applied throughout the preparation of our menus.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Hidden Camera Catches What Waitress Does To Elderly Man’s Food. Now It’s Going Viral”