Sinéad O’Connor’s heartbreaking final vow has been making rounds on the internet after the iconic Irish singer’s death at the age of just 56.
The passing of the Nothing Compares 2 U hitmaker was confirmed by Sinéad’s family on Wednesday, though no cause of death has yet been revealed.
“It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved Sinéad. Her family and friends are devastated and have requested privacy at this very difficult time,” the statement said.
Tributes to the legendary singer and activist have since begun pouring in with some devastated parents recalling the final vow the troubled entertainer made after her son took his own life at the age of 17.
The mother-of-four lost son Lunny to suicide last year after the teenager escaped the hospital where he was put on suicide watch.
Following the soul-crushing tragedy, Sinéad wrote: “My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God.
“May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace.”
The singer went on to vow she would not be performing again as there was nothing left to sing about.
“Just to say, suggestions there’ll be any performances this year or next year or ever again are erroneous. There will never be anything to sing about again,” she continued.
At the time, O’Connor’s mental health struggles spiraled out of control and the singer was hospitalized over her concerning tweets.
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I am with cops now on way to hospital. I’m sorry I upset everyone. I am lost without my kid and I hate myself. Hospital will help a while,” she later said.
“I’m sorry for what I tweeted yesterday. I’m very upset. My son was the love of my life. […] I am ruined without my son.”
O’Connor is survived by her three other children including Roisin Walters, Jake Reynolds, and Yeshua Bonadio.