Extremely tragic reports coming in from Newcastle have confirmed how a bright and bubbly university student suffered the worst allergic reaction from a pizza that was delivered to his home.
According to local media reports, 25-year-old Jame Atkinson died in July of 2020, just a few days before his 26th birthday.
The student was reportedly not aware that the food he had ordered contained peanut powder, which was a nut that he was severely allergic to.
The restaurant was identified as Dadyal Pizza, a renowned pizza place in Newcastle. But after the cause of death was revealed, his grief-stricken parents believe the time has come for delivery apps like Deliveroo and many others to step up to the plate and mention allergy-related information on their pages, so people placing orders can be well aware of these types of information beforehand.
One inquest for the case heard how the student died after eating just two bites of the pizza which was tikka flavored and that just goes to show how severe his allergic reaction must have been in the end.
More tragic reports spoke in detail about how the student had even ordered from this place before and was fine. But it so happened that it was his misfortune that he decided to try a different flavor and as a result of his desire for experimentation, it cost him in the end.
“Our child is gone but we want this to be a lesson for so many others. We need to put an end to such incidents before they end up taking other people’s lives”- mentioned the heartbroken father.
“How can order forms fail to specify allergens. This is not something new, nut allergies are common, they should be there, our son could have been here with us today”- the parents continued to mention in an emotional tone.
Recommended Video For You!
“Nurse Films Ghostly Figure In Hospital”