A 10-year-old boy tragically died only days after being electrocuted at a seafront hotel, leaving his family devastated.
Emergency services were called to Tiffany’s Hotel in Blackpool after the young boy was electrocuted.
He was rushed to a hospital in critical condition but after four days of fighting for his life, he passed away surrounded by his family.
Lancashire Constabulary said in a statement: “A boy has sadly died following an incident at a Blackpool hotel.
“We were called to the Promenade, Blackpool, at 10.39pm on Sunday to reports a ten-year-old boy had been found unresponsive inside a hotel.
“He was taken to hospital with injuries consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity and very sadly died in hospital yesterday, Thursday, September 7.”
The statement also said that the boy’s family were by his bedside when he died.
After a police investigation, the case has been passed to a local authority.
In a statement to MailOnline, Tiffany’s Hotel said: “We are heartbroken by the news we have received today and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time.
“We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations.”
“The safety and comfort of our guests remains our number one priority and therefore we have taken the decision to voluntarily close whilst the investigations and our own inspections take place. Our phone lines remain open,” they added.
A spokesperson for Blackpool Council said that investigation is underway and the hotel’s owner has agreed to a voluntary closure.
“Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time,” the spokeswoman added.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!