A mother was left devastated after walking into her bathroom only to find her young son lying unconscious on the floor.
6-year-old Brodie Lee Morgan was found lifeless in the bathroom at his home in Newbridge, Wales, one morning back in November.
After finding the schoolboy unresponsive, the family immediately called for an ambulance. Sadly, Brodie could not be saved despite the paramedics’ best efforts.
As an inquest later heard, an investigation into the boy’s death revealed that the child died from Strep A infection. Strep A refers to a group of bacteria that can cause a variety of infections ranging from minor conditions to life-threatening cases.
“Brodie was very outgoing. He absolutely loved going out to play with his friends and looked forward to going to school to see his friends,” the boy’s grieving family said in a tribute to the 6-year-old.
“He had recently started doing taekwondo and Spanish lessons after school which he thoroughly enjoyed and was excited to keep doing.”
The tear-jerking statement continued: “He played rugby for Oakdale RFC, which he loved training for and playing games on a Sunday. He supported Liverpool in football and loved Mo Salah.
“When he was at home he loved to be on his Xbox gaming with his friends and family. He couldn’t wait to go up to his nanny and bampi every Friday for Chinese Fridays as he absolutely loved his food.”
The tribute went on to applaud the child’s mother, Jamie Lee, for bringing up “the most beautiful little boy the world had the utmost pleasure of knowing” and for never leaving his side.
“Brodie has been the most loved little boy anyone could imagine and with the support of Jamie Lee’s friends and family we can help her cope with the devastating impact the situation has had on her life,” the family’s statement concluded.
Our thoughts remain with Brodie’s family and friends during this challenging time.
Recommended Video For You!
Grandpa With Dementia Remembers Perfect Harmonies To Favorite Hymn