A devastated mom has issued a dire warning after her bubbly young daughter died from playing with balloons.
Alexandra Hope Kelly, 7, was a “loving” and “joyful” Tennessee girl who was popping helium balloons while cleaning up with her mom, Channa Kelly, after her birthday party.
After popping most of the balloons, the mother let her daughter keep a 34” latex balloon featuring the number seven and play with it as she went to sleep in her bedroom upstairs.
On the following morning, the mother woke up and went to see her daughter downstairs only to find her head covered in the deflated number 7 balloon.
While the mom managed to remove the giant piece from her daughter’s head, Alexandra could not be saved even after the paramedics arrived at the family’s home.
It is believed that the young girl died from suffocation after the balloon popped and wrapped itself around her head.
“For her birthday party, I bought a large 34 inch rainbow Mylar number 7 balloon inflated with helium, as seen below, along with approximately 10 Roblox themed latex balloons,” Kelly explained in her heartbreaking post.
“As a parent I was always aware of the choking hazard of latex balloons, but never imagined that there was such a risk regarding these very large Mylar helium filled balloons. A week after her birthday party, I sat with her as she popped all of her latex balloons.
“Alex asked if she could pop her large 7 balloon and I said that was fine. I went to my bedroom unaware of any dangers with this type of balloon. I fell asleep briefly and when I woke up I found my daughter face down on the living room floor where I had left her.”
Recalling the horrific discovery, the mother went on to say that the giant balloon was wrapped around her daughter’s head and that she showed no signs of life even after CPR.
“They worked tirelessly to try to bring her back but their attempts to revive her were unsuccessful. I cried hysterically and was in utter shock and disbelief of what had just occurred, that my daughter and only child was actually gone,” Kelly added.
The young girl has since her tragic death been remembered as a bright and cheerful child who loved arts, swimming, and craft of all kinds and was full of curiosity.
Our thoughts remain with Alexandra’s loved ones during this challenging time.