A 3-year-old girl from North Carolina who reportedly shot herself by mistake on Christmas has passed away.
According to local media reports, Aylee Gordon was the daughter of a retired County sheriff’s captain from Henderson.
For this reason, getting easy access to a gun was not a major problem for the young child who happened to wander off and get hold of a weapon that was located inside a holiday visitor’s vehicle.
The car was parked outside her residence in the rural part of Edneyville but little did her parents know of what the young child was capable of.
As everyone was in high spirits and festive vibes filled the year, Christmas dinner was on everyone’s mind. But a tragedy soon awaited the family.
“She just picked up the gun and it went off,” revealed her grieving father in a repeated manner while speaking to a 911 dispatcher after the horrifying tragedy.
His daughter lay on the floor and panic filled the air. How did a moment like this take place on Christmas was a question on so many people’s minds?
The parents were beyond numb and in shock at what had just taken place. Soon, little Aylee was rushed to a nearby hospital in Ashville but doctors just couldn’t save her in the end.
Aylee was reportedly pronounced dead at the Mission Hospital as revealed in a recent report. And now, investigators are trying to weigh out the possible criminal charges in this case.
Recent statistics have revealed how this year has been full of such tragic incidents where young children have been able to access guns with easy access, resulting in the tragic loss of life.
What are your thoughts on this heartbreaking incident? Let us know and be sure to SHARE the story with others too.
Recommended Video For You!
Police Help Mother Duck And Ducklings Safely Cross Busy Street