A young girl died by choking on her own blood after a routine procedure at her dentist’s office.
8-year-old Salomé Bohórquez from Colombia visited her dentist, Dr. José Herrera of Honda, Tolima, on August 4 to have her tooth extracted after an x-ray showed that one of her molars was chipped.
According to the girl’s mom, Azucena Triana, they decided to take action after the young girl complained about discomfort and pain.
Following the routine tooth extraction procedure, the young girl continued to bleed profusely from her wound and her dentist offered to take her to a nearby hospital where she died from choking on her own blood moments after arriving.
“The girl was still alive. She entered the hospital alive. They couldn’t do anything for her… she choked on her own blood,” Triana told the media.
The grieving mom also revealed that her daughter was previously diagnosed with anemia and that she recently underwent a string of treatments for her condition.
It is currently not clear if these treatments in any way contributed to the excessive blood loss that followed the tooth extraction.
“We are not going to cast blame on the doctor. First (we will wait) what the autopsy shows,” Triana added.
Speaking out was also the young girl’s aunt, María Bohórquez, who said the third-grade student loved dancing and singing for her TikTok videos.
“She gifted us with eight years of happiness. She was the life of the party in our home,” she said.
Salomé is survived by her parents and her twin brother. Our thoughts remain with the family during this challenging time.
What are your thoughts on this news? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends. For more news and stories, follow us on Facebook!