A young girl tragically died from complications after getting stung by a scorpion in Brazil.
Maria Brito was a bubbly and cheerful 3-year-old child from Ribas do Rio Pardo who was attacked by a venomous scorpion as she slept inside her home on September 25.
After suffering a painful sting, the girl was rushed to Ribas do Rio Pardo Municipal Hospital before being transferred to Campo Grande’s Mato Grosso do Sul Regional Hospital where doctors injected her with antivenom.
Unfortunately, the girl succumbed to her injuries on October 1 after “the weakening of her heart muscles ended up causing a cardiorespiratory arrest.”
Maria’s family has since spoken out and paid the girl a touching tribute.
“My princess, how much you will be missed. Thank you for your beautiful time here on earth, we love you very much. With a broken heart, see you soon Maria Fernanda,” a relative said.
The tragic news comes just weeks after five-year-old boy Pyetro Arguelho, who was also from Ribas do Rio Pardo, passed away after he was stung by a scorpion hiding in his shoe.
According to the reports, the young boy was just getting ready to leave for school when he put on his shoes and felt a sharp pain in his foot.
He, too, was injected with antivenom before his condition worsened and he began suffering cardiovascular complications.
“The toxin in the poison was very strong. The doctor said it was still (affecting) his body, it could last up to seven to 10 days. Given his age, it was perhaps a large dose of poison,” Max Jonatham, Pyetro’s father, said.
What are your thoughts on this news? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends. For more news and stories, follow us on Facebook!