A family was left heartbroken after their little girl died suddenly from a deadly condition.
4-year-old Norah Terei-Bristowe from Australia was diagnosed with gastroenteritis – a short-term illness caused by an infection in the digestive system – after her worried parents called a doctor to their home when their daughter began vomiting and developed a fever.
While the diagnosis helped the parents feel more at ease, they were in for a shock when their child’s condition worsened over the weekend until she became unresponsive.
On Monday, days after the child was misdiagnosed, Norah passed away.
It was later discovered that the child died from pneumococcal meningitis, a serious and deadly inflammation of the protective membranes of the spinal cord and brain.
“We said goodbye to our princess on August 30, 2023. She was surrounded by all of her family and will forever be in our hearts and we will always hold onto our memories with her and all of the laughter and joy she brought into our lives,” grieving mom Allie and dad Trey said in a statement following their daughter’s passing.
The parents also urged parents to always take their children to the hospital should they feel worried about their condition.
“When we got to the hospital, the treatment was not able to catch up to how quick it spread to her brain,” they added.
“This rare strain of meningitis causes severe brain damage and there isn’t any prevention or treatments that can save them.”
Our thoughts remain with Norah’s loved ones during this challenging time.
What are your thoughts on this news? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends. For more news and stories, follow us on Facebook!