London Inner South Coroner’s Court has given an update on Sinead O’Connor’s cause of death after she was found unresponsive at her home in south London.
Police previously said that the late singer was pronounced dead at the scene and that her death is not being treated as suspicious.
O’Conner’s family also shared the heartbreaking news of her passing, saying: “It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our beloved Sinéad.”
“Her family and friends are devastated and have requested privacy at this very difficult time,” the statement continued.
In an update, London Inner South Coroner’s Court has said that no medical cause has been given for the sudden death of O’Connor and that an autopsy will be conducted.
The statement on the court website also disclosed that the autopsy result may not be available for several weeks.
The court’s statement read: “The death of Sinead O’Connor in Lambeth was notified to the coroner on Wednesday July 26 2023.”
It continued: “No medical cause of death was given. The coroner therefore directed an autopsy to be conducted. The results of this may not available for several weeks.
“The decision whether an inquest will be needed will be decided when these results are known and submissions have been heard from the family.
“If an inquest is to be opened, the date of the brief public hearing will be provided on our website.”
In O’Conner’s final post on social media, she shared a photo of her late son, Shane, and wrote: “Been living as undead night creature since. He was the love of my life, the lamp of my soul. We were one soul in two halves.
“He was the only person who ever loved me unconditionally. I am lost in the bardo without him.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!