A young boy collapsed and passed away while putting up Christmas decorations at his home.
The tragedy took place in Campo Largo, Brazil, where 10-year-old altar boy Augusto Dalmaz Bonato was electrocuted by Christmas lights while setting up a festive display at his family home.
According to the local reports, the child was found unconscious in one of the rooms by his horrified dad who immediately called for help. Meanwhile, the boy’s sister, Carolina Dalmaz, tried to resuscitate her sibling.
And though Augusto received almost instant care, he passed away from the electric shock on Saturday morning while receiving treatment in the ICU.
“I tried to revive him. I did everything I could. In my profession, I have saved many people, and I thought I could save him too,” Carolina explained.
“It was such a silly thing. He was so happy about putting up the Christmas decorations; no one could have ever imagined what happened.”
Speaking out was also Hebert Bonato, the boy’s uncle, who said Augusto was looking forward to Christmas because he was “very religious.”
“He liked this time of year very much, he liked to spread the Christmas spirit to others,” he said.
Meanwhile, the boy’s devastated mother shared a tribute to her son on Facebook where she admitted her heart was torn in two by the unexpected and tragic turn of events.
“My boy has left us. My heart is torn with such pain. No words can express this much grief,” she wrote.
“Go your way with God, my son. A boy who only brought joy and unforgettable moments. I will love you forever.”
What are your thoughts on this news? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends. For more news and stories, follow us on Facebook!