Three Americans were found dead in the flat they were renting while vacationing in Mexico in late October.
Kandace Florence, 28, Courtez Hall, 29, and Jordan Marshall, 28, were found dead inside a Mexico City apartment on October 30.
According to the reports, the trio from New Orleans was vacationing in Mexico, and they rented an apartment via Airbnb to celebrate the Day of the Dead in the capital.
Following their sudden death, an investigation was launched, and it was now revealed that all three travelers died of carbon monoxide poisoning after falling ill on the night of their passing.
“According to the [forensic] expert studies carried out, the three people referred to died of carbon monoxide poisoning,” the AG’s office confirmed.
The police were reportedly called to the apartment after the security personnel detected a gas odor coming from the Airbnb home.
The families of the victims are currently working with the embassy to repatriate the bodies and perform autopsies.
“To lose your child is one thing, but in a whole other country and having to maneuver language barriers and travel and trying to get his body home, it’s been a lot,” Jennifer Marshall, Jordan’s mother, said.
Speaking to NBC affiliate WDSU, Ceola Hall, Courtez’s mother, added: “It’s been so hard. We tried calling back over there for the funeral homes. Because of the language barrier and stuff you cannot get anything through or really understand.”
It is believed that Florence spoke to her boyfriend on the night of her death. During the conversation, she reportedly admitted to feeling ill for unknown reasons.
Florence and Marshall were reportedly longtime friends. While Florence ran her own candle business, Marshall and Hall were both teachers in New Orleans.
What are your thoughts on this matter? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends. For more news and stories, follow us on Facebook!
Recommended Video For You!
Emotional Reunion With Little Brother After Almost Two Years Apart