A mother from Victoria is going viral after her son returned home from school with serious sunburn.
According to media reports, the Australian mum sparked major debate after her child got back home. And that’s when she noticed some serious sunburn masking the top of his head.
Upon first glance, she couldn’t believe what she was actually seeing. How could her son go perfectly to school and return in such a dire state? Now, the mum is raising her voice on the issue and holding the school accountable for such actions.
Here are the latest updates surrounding the developing story.
Mum accuses the school of neglect
Imagine taking care of your children with great efforts, only to find they suffer from neglect at school. In case you’re wondering about what we’re referring to, well, it has plenty to do with a particular school in Victoria, Australia.
According to media reports, a mum sparked a major debate on a certain Facebook group recently. In the group, the mum questioned who is the real person responsible for ensuring sun safety for kids. And that was right after her child came home with some serious sun-related injuries. Certainly, they were some serious injuries that left the top of his head in a dire state. Now, the issue is going viral for obvious reasons and the mum can’t handle her fury.
The images that revealed it all
From the looks of it, the mum certainly wasn’t kidding when she called them some of the most serious sunburn injuries.
The young 8-year-old son appeared terrified while glancing into the camera.As you might be aware, temperatures in Australia reach a peak during the summers. And we’re talking 33 degrees centigrade.
Reports confirmed how the young student spent his time at school in the heat, without wearing his hat. The mum described her son’s serious sunburn with the following description:
“I am pretty annoyed at how my child’s school didn’t make sure that he wore his hat or had sunscreen on when they knew temperatures reached 33 degrees at lunchtime. The mum wrote her terrifying revelation on a Facebook group, alongside a series of images depicting her son’s state.
Annoyed mum asks Facebook for opinions
Turning to the Facebook group, the mum put her side of the story. Being really honest with the audience watching, she talked about how her son always had a problem with wearing a hat in the sun. Moreover, she spoke about how she forced him to do so, even though it went against his liking.
“Do you think my son’s school should be responsible for the serious sunburn injuries? Shouldn’t they be the ones reminding kids?” she added.
On that note, hundreds of people began flooding the comments section with their opinion. Without a doubt, the mum certainly wasn’t expecting so many to engage with her on the debate. Therefore, she took the time out to listen.
Other parents have their say on the serious sunburn issue
On the whole, most parents claimed that the school should be responsible for making kids wear hats. They even talked about the famous ‘no hat no play’ rule.
Similarly, one parent spoke about how her kids follow the no hat no play rule at almost every place they turn to. Whether it’s their school, park, daycare, etc. Another added how it’s annoying as hell if the same situation took place with her kids.
All in all, it appeared that teachers carry the responsibility to remind students. Many felt this is a learning process and students must gain experience through good guidance. What do you think? Who was at fault in this situation?
For more trending stories from around the globe, don’t forget to take a look at our article Vegan Junk Food Ideas That Are Too Good To Be True.