Kylie Jenner faces backlash after sharing clips from boyfriend Travis Scott’s concert where ambulances can be seen stuck with the crowd.
Kylie Kristen Jenner, 24, is an American media personality, socialite, model, and businesswoman. She and her daughter Stormi was seen in the crowd at Travis Scott’s Astroworld concert.
She was supporting her rapper boyfriend Scott at the opening night of the two-day event in Houston, Texas when chaos broke out among the 50,000 attendees.
Scott’s Friday night set was broadcast live on Apple Music. It featured his usual high-energy performance style, along with an extended appearance from Drake. The Astroworld Festival was founded by Scott in 2018.
Jenner posted a series of pictures and videos for her 280 million followers on Instagram from before and during Astroworld, including the standard pre-show mirror selfies and photos of baby Stormi‘s trailer.
Jenner posted the usual mirror selfie, as well as a photo of a trailer with a sign that read “Stormi”, suggesting one had been arranged for the three-year-old.
She also took some videos during Scott’s set, including a sweeping crowd shot that includes an ambulance attempting to make its way through the thousands of concertgoers.
It has been reported that fans “began to compress” towards the front of the stage while Scott was performing, causing mass injuries and leaving many unable to breathe. A report in People confirmed that Jenner and Stormi were uninjured during the concert tragedy.
At a press conference following the tragedy, Houston Fire Chief Samuel Pea outlined the timeline of the tragedy. He said that at 9 PM (local time) on Friday, the crowd began surging forward during Scott’s set, which caused the rapper to pause the show several times in order to ask security to help out fans.
Members of the fire department went into the dense crowd to rescue the injured. At 9:38 p.m. the “mass-casualty incident” was triggered, at which time CPR began to be administered to several unconscious fans.
According to reports, “chaotic” scenes and a “deathly melee” occurred during the first 15 minutes of Scott’s set, resulting in the death of eight people.
People on Twitter are calling Jenner out for leaving up the story, given that it’s been hours since the tragic loss of lives was announced.
“I swear Kylie Jenner couldn’t be more stupid but now her stupidness escalated more levels,” one person wrote. “That story with an ambulance in the middle is still up????”
“I wonder if while @KylieJenner posted this on IG stories did she realize there was an ambu in the vid trying 2 get thru the crowd 2 collect the bodies of people who were trampled on while her man just continued on w/his concert bc the show must go on? #astroworldfestival,” another one has added.
“omg i literally can’t, kylie posted an Instagram story of the concert and you can CLEARLY SEE THE PARAMEDICS TRYING TO GET THROUGH LIKE WTF,” said the third one.
“It is absolutely sickening the absolute disregard those fans has for other people’s lives,” another person tweeted. “It is also so gross to me Kylie Jenner just casually posted ambulances on her story. People were literally crushed to death.”
“@KylieJenner literally so disconnected from reality…still filming while there’s an ambulance going through the crowd, people dying on the ground,” wrote another. “Disgusting.”
Variety reports that the crowd surge resulted in approximately 300 people requiring medical attention by the on-site hospital and medical team, with 23 people rushed to the hospital.
Eleven people have reportedly gone into cardiac arrest as a result of the surge, with causes unclear. Among the eight people who died were a 14-year-old and a 16-year-old.
Jenner has since taken down her posts and released a statement.
“Travis and I are broken and devastated,” Jenner said. “My thoughts and prayers are with all who lost their lives, were injured or affected in anyway by yesterday’s events.”
She went on to address the fact she had been filming scenes of the disaster from the festival which she shared online highlighting she had no idea that people had died.
“I want to make it clear we weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing,” she added.
Speaking out for the first time since the deadly surge, Scott tweeted on Saturday saying he’s “absolutely devastated” and is “committed to working together with the Houston community,” including the police department.
Although he completed his 75-minute performance, at one point the rapper was filmed calling for help. In another video, he stood on a platform with his microphone while chaos unfolded beneath him.
The show was called off shortly after the horror crash and the second day of the event has also been canceled.
Recommended Video For You!
Forget jelly and ice cream – birthday party bus for seven-year-olds promises makeovers