A 2-year-old girl was found unresponsive alongside her mother after they both passed out at their home in Noginsk, Moscow.
38-year-old Andrey Metkin found both his partner, 43-year-old Olga Charonava, and daughter Anna unconscious at their home when he returned from work.
According to reports, Anna passed away from ‘alcohol poisoning,’ one of the hundreds of similar deaths in Russia this year.
Police are now investigating whether fake vodka was involved.
Metkin came home from his night shift expecting his 2-year-old daughter to “run into his arms.”
“When I came back they were lying on the bed unconscious,” he said. “I immediately called an ambulance and they were taken away.
“I had never noticed her drinking before. I don’t understand how it happened.”
The girl was rushed to a hospital where she passed away in the intensive care unit.
Charanova survived but told cops that she did not remember the events that led to the poisoning.
This comes after an alarming rise of fatalities in the country from fake vodka containing methanol.
Many bottles of cheap alcohol ‘Red Berry’ were discovered in their home. Investigators are now testing the beverage to determine the source of the poisoning.
In Orsk, southwest Russia, five young children were left orphaned after their parents passed away after drinking bootleg vodka, a fake alcohol containing toxic methanol.
Signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning include confusion, vomiting, slow or irregular breathing, slurred speech, blue-tinged or pale skin, passing out, being conscious but unresponsive, and loss of coordination.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Girl Whose Neck Bends At 90-degree Angle Desperately Waiting For Life-saving Surgery”