1-year-old Alfy Bruce grabbed an exposed live wire at a play station and was referred to a burn specialist after getting electrocuted.
The incident happened on October 30, 2021, when a 24-year-old man Cory Bruce went to the playing area of the BALTIC art center, and his toddler touched a bare wire. He was busy filling out a survey there, and the toddler being shy and playful, went out of his sight in the freestanding TV unit in the middle of the floor.
When Cory noticed the absence of his little child, he went to look for him and was startled to see that he was holding a raw metal cable and TV stand at the same time. Alfy’s body was tensed, and he was getting electrocuted as a current of 240-volts was passing from his body.
Realizing the severity of the situation, his father held his jacket, pulled him away, and broke the circuit. The staff was asked to call an ambulance for the baby, but only a first-aider was provided to check the Alfy. Both parents are extremely traumatized after this horrible incident.
The little boy was later transferred to Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary, where he was appointed a burn specialist for his treatment. The doctors performed two ECGs to check the internal organ damage of the toddler. Furthermore, they placed Alfy on the heart monitor overnight, and his burned hands were also bandaged.
The parents of the victim have lodged an official complaint against the BALTIC.The Gateshead Council’s Environmental Health team is still investigating, and the BALTIC has apologized for everything that happened.
According to their director, Sarah Munro, they understand the severity of the incident and have been in contact with the family throughout.
Please share this article with your friends and family members and ask them to take care of their loved ones, especially toddlers.
Recommended video for you!
“Woman Finds An Egg Inside Another Giant Egg”