If comfort food happens to be your indulgence, you might want to take extra precautions.
According to sources, a student from Belgium paid a fairly heavy price for indulging in comfort food bliss. Moreover, to save money and time- he neglected his health. But in the end, his sudden death left loved ones baffled beyond belief.
While death from pasta might sound unbelievable, health experts claim how important it is to watch what you eat. Meanwhile, the innocent teen’s parents are raising their voices on the matter. They believe and hope that such incidents shouldn’t take place in the first place. And with a little awareness of the issue, you can actually save a loved one’s life.
Here are the tragic case details that surround a death from comfort food indulgence.
Medical experts speak out on a harrowing case
What comes to your mind when you think of pasta? For many, it may be a carb-loaded meal. On the other hand, it’s also a staple in plenty of cultures. Did we mention how many individuals eat, sleep, and breathe the finger-licking goodness?
But what if we told you that your favorite food could actually kill you? Yes, health experts are speaking out ever since a daunting case of pasta death appeared.
The famous Dr. Bernard chose to express via YouTube how dangerous reheated old food can be. And here, it’s a matter of life and death.
Death from comfort food- the horrors of old pasta
A young student from Belgium passed away due to a lack of knowledge on basic matters.
Moreover, the tragic ordeal involved passing away in sleep after eating 5-day-old pasta.Ever since the incident took place, health experts reveal how death could be avoided in the first place with a little awareness of hygiene.
While the student remains anonymous in local media reports, the chilling case has the world at a standstill.
Details from old pasta case revealed
The 20-year old adored pasta to say the least. He would actually take out extra time on Sundays to prepare his favorite meal. But who knew that it would soon cost him his life.
Meanwhile, local news agencies expressed how the actual event took place in the first place. And for many, it’s unbelievably hard to believe.
Since the college student had a little free time on Sundays, he would boil up pasta and store it in Tupperware boxes. Then, he would leave the spaghetti on the counter at room temperature. As required, he would take out some in a plate, add in a special tomato sauce, heat it up, and enjoy.
While the student did the same thing for months, he had no clue what he was getting into.
Doomsday arrives- an unfortunate death
Recently, the 20-year-old Belgian national did the same thing. However, he did feel that the taste was a little unusual than normal. Thinking the spoiled flavor was due to his ‘new’ pasta sauce, he continued to indulge. Soon, he went out for a little sport.
After a mere 30 minutes, he could feel the effects of his ‘spoiled’ comfort food indulgence. From severe abdominal cramps to watery diarrhea and vomiting, it was a bad case of food poisoning.
Instead of seeking medical help, he decided to drink plenty of water and sleep it off. Concerned about their child, when the parents went to check on him, he was dead.
He passed away in his sleep, the very next morning. To be specific, it was 10 hours since he last ate the spaghetti. Meanwhile, autopsy results revealed how his liver underwent necrosis due to a complete shutdown.
At the same time, samples of his pasta and pasta sauce were sent to a food lab for investigatory analysis too. His stool samples showed an abundance of the bacteria Bacillus Cereus. This is the same organism known to cause ‘fried rice syndrome-‘ a condition due to reheating fried rice.
In the end, results confirmed how his death occurred due to an old pasta meal. Truly, it was the most tragic of all affairs.
For more trending news from around the globe, don’t forget to take a look at our article Lesbian Author Urges Woman To ‘Eliminate’ Men From Their Lives.