A 7-year-old boy tragically died after catching fire while playing gasoline and matches with his 9-year-old friend.
Kaisen Dam from Salt Lake City, Utah, and his pal were using the gasoline and matches to melt a fence near Navajo Street and Gillespie Avenue when the young boy caught fire.
According to reports, neighbors heard the children screaming and ran outside with a blanket.
Kaisen’s clothes were already burned before the neighbors managed to put out the blaze, KSL-TV reported.
He suffered second-degree burns on 90 percent of his body and was rushed to Primary Children’s Hospital where he later passed away.
Photos from the scene show the melted fence, darkened grass, and charred branches.
In an interview with KSL-TV, Sito Tausinga said: “He’s like a little brother to us. He was really close… He’s the one who brings everyone together.”
Sito’s sister, Fane Tausinga, also said: “I’m sad. I’m really sad. He would just come ride bikes with us and then he started to know us, and my mom loved him.”
The sisters said the 7-year-old boy knew everyone on their street and was always asking them to play with him.
“He has like no electronics, so he knocks on people’s houses and says, ‘Can your kids come play?’ And I see them all laughing outside and playing with him and it’s cute,” Sito shared.
Fane added: “Yesterday, he just came and he was like, ‘I’m bored.’ And I opened the window and I said, ‘Go home.’
“And three hours later, we found out there was a fire in the back. My auntie called my mom and we just heard my mom screaming, and we all came over here.”
They told KSL-TV that they are praying for Kaisen’s family.
“We love them so much,” Fane expressed. “And we just want them to know we’re all here if they need anything.”
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section and SHARE this story with your friends and family!
Recommended Video For You!
“Kind-Hearted Man Buys All The Candy From Boy That Was Harassed By Old Lady”