A 2-year-old baby boy tragically died after getting trapped in a hot car while his parents were drinking and smoking pot.
According to the reports, little Castiel King passed away in June 2019 after sneaking out of his parents’ home in Dothan, Alabama, and climbing in their unlocked car.
The incident took place on June 28 at around 3 pm in the afternoon when the boy’s parents fell asleep after smoking pot and getting drunk.
While the boy managed to climb inside the unlocked vehicle, he couldn’t find his way out after the door closed. For several hours, the 2-year-old was trapped inside the car where temperatures reached as high as 120 degrees, the investigators revealed.
After some four hours, the toddler was found by his older sibling while their parents were still asleep.
“An investigation into the circumstances of the death revealed that the child was left unattended by the parents, Robert Patrick King and Melinda Gail King, he exited the home and entered the vehicle on his own,” the Dothan Police Department revealed in a statement two years ago.
“Both parents were asleep in the home and under the influence of intoxicants. As a result of the investigation, both were charged with one count of manslaughter each.”
Now, two years after the tragic incident, Castiel King’s parents have been sentenced to 52 months in prison. The sentence follows after the boy’s father, Robert Patrick King, and mother, Melinda Gail King, pleaded guilty to reckless manslaughter.
It has also been revealed that the couple has since filed for divorce, whereas their remaining children are now in the custody of their relative.
Speaking of the mother’s guilty plea, her attorney Raynor Clifton said: “[She] has taken responsibility for what happened, and she will regret this for the rest of her life.”
What are your thoughts on this matter? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to SHARE this post with your family and friends. For more news and stories, follow us on Facebook!
Recommended Video For You!
Angry Driver Got Out Of His Car With A Baseball Bat To Teach A Lesson To A Fellow Driver – Regretted It Instantly