A 13-year-old girl tragically died after her Lucozade drink was full of the party drug Ecstasy.
Eboney Cheshire suffered a major seizure, right after consuming the hazardous drink, confirmed news outlets. The shocking incident took place at her home in Rainhall, Merseyside. And now, her parents are seeking justice for the heartbreaking incident.
Just hours before paramedics rushed the child to the hospital, investigators confirmed how she went out to buy the Lucozade drink. But little did she know that it was contaminated to such an extent that she would lose her life.
Here are more unfortunate updates on the tragic case that has loved ones mourning in grief.
Young schoolgirl dies after drinking laced Lucozade drink
Right after consuming her favorite Lucozade drink, a young teen suffered from a major seizure at her home. Investigators mention how the drink had extremely high levels of the drug ecstasy. In addition, they confirmed how it was absolutely unfit for human health.
And that’s when her family confirmed how their child purchased the drink from the local store nearby. Little did she or anyone know that it was full of drugs.
The inquest mentioned how the teen passed away at the end of December in 2018. Recent investigation reports mentioned how Eboney bought Lucozade alongside a giant pack of crisps and some noodles too. All of her purchases were from a convenience store in the vicinity.
The mother explains her side of the story
Eboney’s mother, Kerry Williams talked about how her daughter never took any drugs, especially when asked about this Class A substance.
Instead, she went on claiming that her daughter’s Lucozade drink contained the substance in excess amount.In addition, the mum blasted out at officials who carried out her daughter’s death investigations.
She couldn’t understand why the police failed to identify any suspects Moreover, she found it baffling how the cops gave her daughter’s death a tag of suspicious behavior, keeping in line the circumstances it surrounded.
However, the detective into the case talked about how it was a major tragedy. In the same way, he added that there would be no lapse when it came to the case’s inquiry. Still, the authorities failed to make any arrests. And that was just too hard to digest.
The family mentioned how they felt that the cops didn’t believe that it was a case of lacing a drink.
Devastating details unveiled
Eboney was a young student at Rainhill High School. She suffered from flu-like symptoms, right after her that, her mum kept her off. And those were just a few days before she died on the 2nd of December in 2018.
For her condition, her mum gave her panadol which helped her improve, or so she assumed. But little did she know that her young child was moments away from her death bed.
Therefore, on the morning of December 2nd, her mum left for work but when she returned, horror lay in front of her eyes. Young Eboney suffered from a seizure in the middle of her sleep. Her eyes kept on rolling back and it was an absolute nightmare for many to witness.
At the start of it all, many thought the seizure occurred due to high temperature. But that wasn’t the truth. While the inquiry is over and done with, the family feels that the cops could do more to find the real culprits behind the case.
The mother underwent questioning on whether her child had a friend who took or supplied drugs. She denied them all, raising more concerns about the investigations. Meanwhile, the postmortem did reveal her high temperature and MDMA levels with ecstasy as the cause of death.
For more trending stories, check out Richard Ramirez’s Letters Revealed.